Spring family pictures are wonderful but what to wear for Spring family pictures can be stressful. Draw your inspiration the fresh blooms all around and the extra amount of energy that comes this time of year. It is a gem of a season to take family photos and gives you the opportunity to take family photos during the another beautiful season, Fall.
If deciding what to wear for Spring family pictures has stopped you from booking a session, I’m sharing my favorite tips for what to wear for Spring family pictures to help you style for your session.
5 tips for what to wear for Spring family pictures
- Complement your clothing instead of matching. Add in some textures and patterns to a member of the family’s outfit and have other’s complement the colors with some solids. Spring is a great time to wear neutral tones-creams, soft pinks and blues.
- Dress with layers in mind. Spring is beautiful and dreamy but can be tricky with the temperatures. Consider a light sweater for children if the temps change on the day of your session.
- Wear what feels comfortable. I always love the way dresses look, photograph and complement women, but I always say wear what you feel comfortable in. This also goes for children. If they are comfortable the session will go more smoothly.
- Oftentimes shoes are overlooked when deciding what to wear for family photos. Consider a simple brown Mary Jane shoe for little girls and a loafer style or tie shoe for boys.
- Avoid graphics and neon. These two styles of clothing are distracting to the visual eye. It takes away from the connection that we are trying to capture.
Keep the outfits simple and let the colors of Spring, cherry blossoms, tree blooms and tulips be your Spring clothing inspiration.
Are Spring family pictures on your mind? Let’s connect for a quick phone call about your vision for your photo session.