Today, I want to share with you the difference a between a mini session and full session and to help you know what type of session is best for your family.
What is a mini session?
A mini session is a very small version of a full session.
What is included…
- 15 minute session
- Pre-planned location by photographer
- Pre-planned date by photographer
- Stacked time slots
- Digital collection package starting with 3 high resolution images
What is not included…
- Longer than 15 minutes
- At a location that the client chooses
- On a date that the client chooses
- More than 15+ in a digital collection package
Who are mini sessions good for?
Mini sessions are ideal for an updated family photo around the holidays for a card, to make an announcement, celebrate a special occasion or milestone. They are great if you have a smaller family and are willing to go with the flow with a small time slot. Minis are great for ones that are punctual and can be sure their family is ready at the mini session location time at least five to ten minutes before it starts. Since mini sessions are stacked sessions this means there is a family schedule before and after the allotted time.
What to keep in mind about mini sessions?
Mini sessions are quick! If you or you have a child that takes a while to warm up to a new environment or person a full session might fit your families needs best. Since mini sessions are quick and stacked there isn’t much time for a child or adult to warm up.
Mini session digital collections start with the option of 3 digital files and have the option of purchasing the complete set (15) of high resolution files.
What is a full session?
A full session experience starts with a pre-consultation phone call to go over your wishes, hopes and expectations for your session. Next you will receive a full online session planing guide for a stress free experience as we plan for your location of choice for your session. A full session is one hour long and my main focus of the day.
What is included in a full session…
- Pre-session consultation
- One hour portrait session
- Location decided by client
- Date decided by client
- 25-35 images in an online slideshow
- Digital collection package starting with 8 high resolution images with the option to purchase the complete set
- Substantial print credit good toward your choice of anything in the gallery store
- A customized experience
- Optional outfit change
- More relaxed experience
Both mini and full sessions are great and you will always end up with beautiful images. It is best to know which type of session is best for your family and that are able to choose the best way to have your family captured during this season of life.