Summer family pictures are some of my favorite to capture. So often clients will overlook booking family pictures in the summer. However, I like to say summer is the perfect time to schedule family photos.
Read on for my top 5 reasons to plan for summer family pictures:
- Summer family pictures are a wonderful time to show off your summer glow and take advantage of all the beautiful summer clothing. Most kids tend to not love wearing all the layers that are needed for cold weather. Which makes this a great time to let them wear a dress or shorts with a button down shirt.
- It is easier to work around kids’ schedules. We all know that once Fall hits school is back in session. Homework, school activities and sports pretty much take over, making it hard to get a free night for family pictures. Summer evenings we have so much more sunlight making it easier to work around later afternoon sports and activities schedules.
- Photographers’ schedules tend to be more open as Fall is typically the biggest season for pictures.
- It is easier to reschedule if weather is an issue. Note again, Fall is always super busy for photographers so finding a rescheduling date can be difficult as the weather is more unpredictable.
- Let’s not forget about everything finally being green and full! Mix that with an evening Minnesota summer sun. It is magical for pictures! I personally LOVE looking at our family pictures on our wall in the winter time and seeing green grass and trees. It always brings me back to the warm summer days even if the weather is below zero.
If you’re worried how your family will do in heat and humidity, morning sessions are always a good time to schedule. This way you still have the beautiful natural summer light, more comfortable temps and the whole evening together for activities or time as a family.
Are you ready to book your summer family pictures? Reach out and I’ll be in touch to schedule a free consultation call.